Digital Download Pending

lesmith

Hello.

I am a newb so be gentle :-).

I have added a download and have ticked the options [clients only] & [product download]

So this now becomes a product which I can sell ie a template.

When I run a dummy purchase without completing the transaction, ie a Bank Transfer.

I can still in my client area with the product being pending able to download it. This is obviously bad. Is there no setting which will not let me manually release the download or at least will not allow until the Payment status is active.

Hopefully you can advise :-).

ta in advance

I have done the quick fix and if anyone else wants the code please see below.

Edit the clientareaproductdetails.tpl. Look half way down to the code below.

{if $downloads}
// All Download Code Here
{/if}

then I added my bit ie.

{if $downloads}
 {if $status neq "Active"}
   {* do not show download until service is active *}
 {else}
   // Download code
 {/if}
{/if}

:-P

• WHMCS CEO

This doesn't fix any problem.

While the customer can see the files they would get access to when the status becomes active, they cannot actually download them. If they attempt to while it's not active, they get an error such as "Access Denied - You must purchase the associated product before you can download this"

Matt

I am new at this as well, so please pardon my ignorance.

I am not sure if I have everything setup correctly. But the only way that I have found to be able to get the customers access to the download is to uncheck the box that basically enables it with a product...

Here is how I set it up. Under products/services I have it listed as other, and then I have a category for downloads. I have the download listed as a product, and then I go in to other and associate the download with the purchase...

Is that correct? Because when I do that and the client pays, it still does not show them the download. The only way that I have found to do it is to uncheck the box for it not to be associated to a purchase... Now all of the downloads show up for everyone.