WHMCS 3.6 wont create Plesk 8.3 Reseller Account

hightekhosting

Hi all,

Recently we have started to release our new line of Windows Plesk 8.3 Hosting, including shared and reseller plans.

We are experiencing a little issue with WHMCS 3.6 and Plesk accounts.

We have configured the product/service to use Plesk module and the client template required, however when we hit "Accept Order" to create the account, it fails to do so.

I have checked the server settings, the IP and the admin details and all is ok.

I have added a line I found in another post to our configuration.php with no luck.

Is there something I am missing/should be doing in order to get this working?

Regards,

Dale Evans

Manager

Elo.

I set up my Plesk 8.3 although it was not a reseller.

I put this line in my config.

$pleskpacketversion = "1.4.2.0";

Obviously then make sure the SSL is ticked for secure and have used the plesk admin user and pass. It worked fine with this.

also are you getting any errors.?

Elo.

I set up my Plesk 8.3 although it was not a reseller.

I put this line in my config.

$pleskpacketversion = "1.4.2.0";

Obviously then make sure the SSL is ticked for secure and have used the plesk admin user and pass. It worked fine with this.

also are you getting any errors.?

Thats the line I've already put in, but I didn't tick SSL, so I just did that.

I've clicked "Accept Order" and have "create account" ticked, and this is the error I got:

Server Command Error

Account Creation Failed: -

Does that help?

Dale

Ok then I would suggest you check you Client & Domain Templates.

when I set mine up that was the next thing to get right.

Make sure the names are correct and that the right permissions are within the client template and again for the domain.

For me I set everything to Unlimited to get a feel for what it was trying to do.

Once I got it working just a matter of fine tuning.

:lol:

To me and I am no expert but if your error is saying Account Creation Failed.

This means it is connecting ok to plesk but not creating.

So you can rule out the connection.

Just as a matter of interest are you creating the Client & Domain templates in the global areas or in specfic client ??.

Make sure these are global templates.

Yep, I log straight into Plesk (Root) and create them from right under the "clients" menu.

I've done a bit more searching of these forums and it seems it is has been a problem before, alot of threads without closure on this issue.

I would love to get it working so as to save us from creating the accounts manually :)

Dale

• WHMCS Developer

The most common error when initially testing a Plesk setup is the client account being created but no domain being created. This is usually due to the permissions of the domain template exceeding the server resources or containing something such as ColdFusion support when the server doesn't support it. You should always test your domain template works directly in Plesk after setting it up if it is a new setup.

The most common error when initially testing a Plesk setup is the client account being created but no domain being created. This is usually due to the permissions of the domain template exceeding the server resources or containing something such as ColdFusion support when the server doesn't support it. You should always test your domain template works directly in Plesk after setting it up if it is a new setup.

Ok, so its the domain template I should be looking at?

What about the client template? If we don't offer support for a particular item, do we just untick the box and leave the field blank?

Dale