Applying a coupon to an existing account?

Lesli

Hi all,

Is it possible to apply a coupon to an existing account? I'm thinking of giving long-time customers a small discount on their recurring fees - and I've got two customers approaching the particular milestone (and, hopefully, more after that).

Hi :)

Wouldn't you just edit thier recuring fee in the control panel? as i think (not 100% sure) but the coupons are during the ordering process only.

Failing that i am sure you could make a custom page that will modify their recuring fee in the DB.

Yours

Mike

We would like to do this too. Specifically because we want to apply a discount for a specific amount of time if/when a customer performs a certain act.

The coupon system would work perfectly for this function if we could just apply it later. The closest I can see to accomplish this would be to create a new product/service that renews on the same date... While I think that would accomplish the same thing, life would be much simpler if we could just apply a coupon.

No need to mess around with coupons to give users a discount - just edit the recurring price they have set for their product/service to be whatever you want.
But then they won't get the discount on future price increases, will they? In other words, if the price goes up they'll either stay there at that level or they'll be updated to the new price?

But then they won't get the discount on future price increases, will they? In other words, if the price goes up they'll either stay there at that level or they'll be updated to the new price?

If the price goes up they stay on the same/old pricing anyway - changes to product/package pricing doesn't affect any existing hosting order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We'de also really like this because we'de like to say to existing customers, on your 20th domain name, use "x" coupon and it will reduce all of your domain names by 20% for example.

Doing this manually would be such a long winded and pain in the bum...

Anybody see a way around this?

I also think the coupon field needs to be displayed in the product order details page. Especially the Recurring ones. Changing the price does not seem like a good suggestion because what if they no longer are allowed the coupon, then you have to go look for what the right price is supposed to be then edit etc... multiply that by many customers it becomes time consuming. If the coupon field showed up, you could just remove the coupon then click save. (so much easier)

I did an import from WHM AP and the users that used coupons, their prices are all back to the regular rates but the coupons were recurring? That would be a real paid to modify that in phpmyadmin