Free domain issue

ukdeveloper

Hi,

I want to offer a free domain with specific hosting packages, which i have managed to set up. but my question is this....

I only want the domain registration to be free, not any renewals so when the customer sees this on payment:

Hosting Packages - Silver Hosting Plan (jgjggggggjjjgjggjg.com) £23.88 GBP

Domain Registration - jgjggggggjjjgjggjg.com - 1 Year/s £0.00 GBP

Subtotal: £23.88 GBP

Total Due Today: £23.88 GBP

Total Recurring: £23.88 GBP Annually

The customer will think next year they will have to pay 23.88 when in fact they will have to pay £23.88 + renewal of domain. Is there any way to add for instance the following:

Hosting Packages - Silver Hosting Plan (jgjggggggjjjgjggjg.com) £23.88 GBP

Domain Registration - jgjggggggjjjgjggjg.com - 1 Year/s £0.00 GBP

Subtotal: £23.88 GBP

Total Due Today: £23.88 GBP

Total Hosting Package Recurring: £23.88 GBP Annually

Total Domain Name Renewal: £9.99 Annually

If so how do i do it and what do i update?

Or am I missing something completely

Carl.

Just modify your email template to say that...

Under Config->Email Templates, select the template you want to modify, and do it... There is a button on the bottom of the wysiwyg that will allow you to see the config fields

Ok, but this is not an email. this is the order process screen.... "the cart"

You would have to use a coupon code with a 100% one time discount to just discount the registration. A free domain is free with a package whilever that package remains active.

Matt

Thanks for the reply Matt,

But how would I incorporate that in the signup process? how would my customers know the coupon code?

Carl.

But how would I incorporate that in the signup process? how would my customers know the coupon code?

Carl.

Is there a way to (wherever it puts the "annual" price for an hosting package) to add the words "Free Domain. Use promo code *****?

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS CEO

Carl.

You can set the coupon code automatically with the link to the shopping cart. For example http://demo.whmcs.com/cart.php?promocode=freedomain (Won't work as that coupon doesn't exist on the demo but that's the idea)

Matt

Thanks for the reply

I have now created the freedomain promotion but when ordering it is being applied for any payment term, I only want to give a free domain if someone pays for the annual hosting package.

My promotion details are:

Code: freedomain

Discount Item: Domain

Type: One Time Discount

Discount Method: Percentage

Value: 100

Max Uses: 0

Applies to: Annually

When i enter this in the cart when selecting a monthly plan it is still applying the domain discount.

Windows Shared Hosting Plans - Starter Plan (jkhekjehjekhjek.com) Edit Product Remove Product

£3.45 GBP

Domain Registration - jkhekjehjekhjek.com - 1 Year/s Edit Domain Remove Domain

£6.95 GBP

Subtotal: £9.89 GBP

100.00% One Time Discount: -£6.95 GBP

VAT @ 17.50%: £0.51 GBP

Total Due Today: £3.45 GBP

Total Recurring: £3.45 GBP Monthly

Perhaps im missing something? thanks for the help

Aaron

• WHMCS CEO

A domain coupon applies to the domain and so the billing cycle restriction can't be used. What you would need to do is make it a product coupon to discount the £6.95 cost of the domain off the package cost if you wanted it to just apply to Annual package selections.

Matt

• 7 months later...
A domain coupon applies to the domain and so the billing cycle restriction can't be used. What you would need to do is make it a product coupon to discount the £6.95 cost of the domain off the package cost if you wanted it to just apply to Annual package selections.

Matt

we have new problem if we use product promotion, the problem is if someone only buy hosting package (change NS only) an use annualy billing cycle. the coupon is still valid for discount.

i think its not good solution, cause we want to give free domain for first year ... not discount for hosting product.

any one have other way to set free first year domain / discount first year domain name that valid only with hosting product purchase ?

better if we can offer not just a free domain, but discount for first year domain registration if customer buy hosting package.

ex : Domain selling price is $9 if customer buy a hosting package, they can order first year for domain just only for $8 ... but if customer only buy a domain name their price still $9

i'm waiting for this release ... Bravo WHMCS

better if we can offer not just a free domain, but discount for first year domain registration if customer buy hosting package.

ex : Domain selling price is $9 if customer buy a hosting package, they can order first year for domain just only for $8 ... but if customer only buy a domain name their price still $9

i'm waiting for this release ... Bravo WHMCS

Beatrix, are you meaning the same offer godaddy.com makes. They have a offer for Domains for only $1.99 if you purchase any other product (like hosting, etc)?

• 4 months later...