Are there any web design companies using WHMCS?

webfective

I am a web designer, and have considered purchasing WHMCS (since I also do web hosting). Are there any web designers (or web design companies) out there that use it? I would love to see how decided to setup the script as a web designer.

Thanks for your help and input.

Ben

I remember seeing a site in the showcase who had it so a thumbnail was displayed for the order page, but can't seem to find it now. It looked pretty good.

Maybe for Other products you could have the option for thumnails. Since hosting doesn't require a thumbnail, I can see why something doesn't exist already - but other could be anything else.

lol, your a web design company. i think you should be able to come up with your own ideas without asking other web design companies for suggestions or looking at their sites for ideas. I dont know about you, but I dont want to show yo my site to give you ideas. I have that done on a regular basis already, dont need more of it.

Try google. =)

I think you're confused about how it works. You don't need to do anything special to use it for web design services as it allows you to easily enter custom invoices (or to use a fixed one-off product if you want to bill services as a fixed product). You don't need to do any scripting as such, although presumably if you process a very high volume of sites you might introduce a little more systematic process by doing so. I don't think this would be worthwhile unless you were really high volume.

We do both hosting and design and WHMCS is just great to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

I fail to see the question in this post. WHMCS uses smarty. It seems weird to me that a web design company would not already be familiar with this technology. I think that Mac hit on it as well.

First thing that I would do is to take a good long look in the mirror (not to be mean). If you are offering a service to a customer that you are in fact charging them money, you should be able to do the same thing for yourself.

Next read up on smarty. It is all over the internet, and if you are serious about web programming and design, you better start getting familiar. It is being used more and more. It is really easy to work with and you can do whatever you want with it.

As for WHMCS and design. The system is designed to sell ANYTHING. You can sell cars with this system if you wanted to. It is totally customisable. I have had this installed for less than a week and I have already seen the worthiness of it. Play with it, reskin it, and play with it some more.

If you have questions about how to do something specific let me know.

I remember seeing a site in the showcase who had it so a thumbnail was displayed for the order page, but can't seem to find it now. It looked pretty good.

Maybe for Other products you could have the option for thumnails. Since hosting doesn't require a thumbnail, I can see why something doesn't exist already - but other could be anything else.

You can put html in the product descriptions.

I toyed with this but ended up not doing it. I needed to have them as a addon instead of product.

I use it primarily for hosting but have created add ons to the hosting product for site design, logo design and data entry. If custom coding (above my application) is needed they are to contact me for a quote and after they sign up I invoice them for the custom coding.

Design and integration is like any other whmcs design and integration. the look is up to you.

I'm with Mac on this one. It's up to you to decide to how design your website around WHMCS for you.

I saw your website and see you have templated for WHMCS. However there is limited information on pricing etc. Can you provide more details?

We use WHMCS for our consulting company. We offer Linux consulting services. We dont use the hosting plan or some of the other features. We simply removed unwanted links from the users frontend via the templates.

It works out great.