Affiliate Cookies - and other affiliate questions

handsonwebhosting

Hi folks,

I've searched the forums for quite a bit and also checked the manual but found no mention of the Affiliate Cookies TIMEFRAME.

How long does an Affiliate Cookie stay in the system?

Does it have a drop off period (say 30/60/90 days)?

If a client comes to our site through someone and is assigned a cookie, and then goes to another site (where our affiliate link is) - does the ORIGINAL sender still get the credit, or is it the latest user?

Payouts appear to be a credit in the system - that's fine. I read some threads about people using PayPal and the credit not applying to the invoice etc - can I get verification on that?

If we setup recurring credits, this credit will come of any NEW invoice generated, or only NEW Packages ordered? (hopefully the first)

If a client comes to us through an affiliate and also has a coupon code which gives them 50% off, the affiliate commission paid out (at 25%) will that be 25% of the 50% off, or 25% of the original 100% rate?

For a dedicated server - we offer 75% one time commission, or 10% recurring (clients choice) - is this possible?

If we have a setup fee, and we pay a 75% commission, will that only come off the PRODUCT price, the SETUP fee, or the TOTAL? If it's prorated, then what?

If a person clicks the affiliate link, and it's set for 25% pay out, and the user orders a Domain Name, do they get commission on the domain name? I know we can manually adjust packages, but what of the domain names?

The Affiliate system really needs to get expanded in the manual - it's VERY brief. :(

• WHMCS CEO
How long does an Affiliate Cookie stay in the system?

90 days by default but you can change this in the * file to whatever you want.

If a client comes to our site through someone and is assigned a cookie, and then goes to another site (where our affiliate link is) - does the ORIGINAL sender still get the credit, or is it the latest user?

The latest affiliate who referred the user gets the credit for the order

Payouts appear to be a credit in the system - that's fine. I read some threads about people using PayPal and the credit not applying to the invoice etc - can I get verification on that?

Payouts aren't credits by default, but you can of course just pay the affiliate by giving them their balance as credit for services from you. Credits will be applied to invoices due with PayPal but the issue is subscriptions if setup are for fixed amounts so the client would sitll send the full amount due on the invoice. Would have to cancel the subscription.

If we setup recurring credits, this credit will come of any NEW invoice generated, or only NEW Packages ordered? (hopefully the first)

Recurring commission is just that - everytime the client pays you for it, your affiliate would also be paid their commission.

If a client comes to us through an affiliate and also has a coupon code which gives them 50% off, the affiliate commission paid out (at 25%) will that be 25% of the 50% off, or 25% of the original 100% rate?

The commission is calculated from the recurring amount for a product/service. So the first payment amount which includes setup fees or prorata calculations doesn't have any effect.

For a dedicated server - we offer 75% one time commission, or 10% recurring (clients choice) - is this possible?

No, this isn't possible.

If we have a setup fee, and we pay a 75% commission, will that only come off the PRODUCT price, the SETUP fee, or the TOTAL? If it's prorated, then what?

As above

If a person clicks the affiliate link, and it's set for 25% pay out, and the user orders a Domain Name, do they get commission on the domain name? I know we can manually adjust packages, but what of the domain names?

Domains are usually very low profit items. For that reason the affiliate system pays no commission on them. Affiliates only apply to products and services ordered.

Matt

Just another question Matt, there are any way to track which affilaite referred which client? i mean, I.E our affiliate program do not pay to the client if the referred client signup and then request a refund based in our 30 days money back guarantee. So do the system pay only if the referred client account continue active or there are any way to know the affiliate and referred account info to check this?

Thanx!

Matt, as always you do a bang up job answering all the questions I've had. I can't give you enough credit for creating a stellar product and then doing the support! A+++++ from my end, I'm very pleased with the product and your commitment to customer satisfaction.

I'll sit down with my guys here and get our affiliate system modified so that we're using the WHMCS affiliate system. We were using iDev, and we'll still use that for our dedicated servers, but swap to WHMCS Affiliates for our regular shared hosting.

Thank you again.