Problem creating invoice

danami

When I'm in the admin area if I am viewing a client's profile and press the "Create Invoice" link ... an invoice is automatically created and inserted into the database (Before I've even entered any info).

If I then navigate away and view the "invoices" screen it tells me (2 records found but doesn't list any of the empty invoices).

In the client area they see the empty invoices. There is no way to remove the empty invoices!

Screenshots are here:

http://www.danami.com/bugs/admin_area_view_invoice.gif

http://www.danami.com/bugs/client_area_view_invoice.gif

Lets say I do work for a client and am going to do up an invoice for them. I click the "creat invoice button". The client can INSTANTLY see the invoice that I'm working on BEFORE I've even had the chance to add any items to it yet!!

If the client is currently logged in at the time I'm creating the invoice.. they might try paying the unfinalized invoice (say I had only had time to add 1 or two items of a big list)

Dan, definitely something weird is going on with your WHMCS; I think I'd try reloading it as that looks like it's corrupted or something else is going on. When I create an invoice in WHMCS I can see it in the admin invoices screen straight away, and I can delete it with the little red delete icon next to it.

One thing we do when creating an invoice manually to send to a client, especially if I'm creating it ahead of time and accumulating records in it, is to create it and mark it cancelled. That way the client doesn't see it, and when it's complete we do a "Mark Unpaid" to activate the invoice then use the "Send Invoice Created Email" button.

What I'm talking about is if you click the "Create Invoice" link .. but never complete filling out the whole invoice .. then the invoice is still created and you can't delete it in the admin back end... and the client sees the empty invoice.

There is nothing wrong with my install .. this is a fresh install of 3.6.

I just tried to replicate this on two different installs. I clicked create invoice and then left the window via another link to find a blank invoice had been created for the customer which is viewable in both the admin area and customers client area.

I was able to come back and delete the empty invoice without a problem from the admin side. You may want to open a support ticket to find out why this occurs on your install and procedure.

Yes it seems like something is definitely buggered. Any invoice I add for a client doesn't get listed for me in the admin backend. Also on the invoice screen I am getting javascript errors like this in firefox:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property HTMLDivElement.parentNode

Do you guys see how if a client is able to see an invoice that I'm currently working on .. how this could be a problem?

If you care about the invoice showing up before you've finished entering it, simply mark it as cancelled, finish entering it, and mark it as unpaid and send, as I mentioned previously.

Danami - you have a bug or corruption specific to your install; the rest of us have no problems deleting invoices from the admin side, even if they are empty. I'd take the advice to submit a support ticket, if you haven't already; or just reinstall.

Just did a fresh install of 3.6 (Downloaded the zip again from the client area). I get the same errors .. any invoice added DOES NOT get listed... and I get javascript errors in mozilla firefox when I click through the invoice tabs.

I have included screen shots (the uploaded ones shrink too much)!!

http://www.danami.com/bugs/invoice_bug.gif

http://www.danami.com/bugs/invoice_bug2.gif

invoice_bug.jpg

invoice_bug2.jpg

I figured it out on my own. The reason the invoices fail was because I didn't have any payment processors enabled yet.

Matt has a check in the code to see if any payment processors are enabled but it doesn't work correctly.

This also causes all the javascript errors as the invoice dates are not displayed correctly.