What is the preferred logical order of setup steps?

ihostct

I apologize in advance for my confusion and the lengthy post... I am a one-person operation and I am trying to get all of my clients/accounts transferred to a new NOC, away from a horrible place with proprietary "everything", and trying to learn cPanel, WHM and WHMCS and rewrite all of my support materials and take care of my family all at the same time. I'm getting pretty stressed out :?

Anyway, I have a few questions about the order I should be using to get WHMCS set up correctly to save some sanity. If anyone could possibly give me a little guidance I would greatly appreciate it!:

After WHMCS is installed and the initial configurations have been completed (including making sure your ports are opened in both directions), is there a logical order of steps in proceeding when it comes to entering your client data and importing your accounts from the servers?:

Is it best to import the server accounts first, then add the clients and transfer the domain to the client you have added? Or, should the clients be added, then "place an order" for them, then import and connect the two? OR is there some other order of progression?

I ask because I had set up all the hosting plans and imported the server accounts first. Now when I add a client I can transfer a hosting account to them, however in the clients area under "My Hosting Packages" the hosting account is listed, but when they look at "My Products and Services" it says "No Hosting Accounts Setup" which I think will be very confusing for the clients. (To note, I have only been working with one client account as to not make a big mess and have too much to redo)

I've read through the Manual Client Entry section of the online manual, but it did not specify at what point the server accounts get imported. After re-reading that article section several times it seems almost as though I should not have imported the accounts from the server at all if it is necessary to place an order for each client. Is this correct?

(if so, in what scenarios would the import script then be used?).

I'm hoping I didn't do the account import for nothing... but if I did and need to "undo" it am I correct in assuming I can easily or do I need to re-setup WHMCS from scratch?

I'm certain that I will have a few more questions as I work my may through this, but unconfusing these first steps would really make my day.

Thank you in advance :)