Obfucating Passwords in Client Area

dordal

If you've every wanted to obfuscate passwords in the Client Area (e.g. 'foobarbaz' => 'f*******z') I wrote up a solution tonight.

1) Upload the attached file to your '/libs/plugins/' directory, and rename it 'modifier.mask.php' (no quotes). This is a Smarty modifier function I wrote designed to mask passwords.

2) Everywhere you see a password display in the Client Area (e.g. clientareaproductdetails.tpl) change it: {$password} => {$password|mask}

Bingo! Now all your passwords will display as p******d instead of 'password'. If you want to give your users a little more of a hint, you can say {$password|mask:2} which will display two characters on each end: pa****rd

D

modifier.mask.php.txt

('View details' button next to each account in the 'hosting accounts' page)

- There we go! At first glance I didn't see the password, because some clients were manually setup, so the cpanel password does not display since we didn't enter it. I checked the demo next, and in the demo, password is clearly displayed.

Is there another spot that displays the password?

Sorry, I'm pretty new to WHMCS, so I don't know where all of the passwords are shown. I've clicked around and didn't see anything.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...