How to change text?

michelle

Boy, I'm sure keeping you guys busy :-) I'm been spending a lot of time trying to get the software set up exactly how I want it.

Here's my latest question...

How do I change the text on the pages? For example, on the "supporttickets.php" page.. I want to reword "You must login to access this page. These login details differ from your websites control panel username and password."

However, when I open that page, it looks like it's all encrypted (Iconcube I guess). Also some other pages, don't appear to be encrypted, but don't have the wording that shows up on that page.

Is there some other main page or file that has all this?

thanks,

Michelle

check the lang folder, then look for a file named English.txt

I also already told you that you cant edit the php files, anything that is in the client area that is editable is in tpl files. Text changes though should be made in the language txt file i just pointed out above.

You both are awesome!

Here's another question that's related to this topic...

I want to change the top menu just below the banner.... it starts with "Support". Would like to change that to "Main" or "Home". I tried changing that in the English.txt file but that didn't seem to make the change. Is there somewhere else I need to do that? I also looked at the header.tpl but that didn't offer any clues.

Thanks!

michelle

Nevermind, figured it out :-)

Yup its in header.tpl

Here a quick tip to find out where to look for.

Anything with

{$LANG.NAME}

will be in the lang. folder. So if you are looking on any .tpl file and see that go look in the lang folder to change the wording of it...

From,

Adam