Ticket Merging

Gears

Hey,

I actually have to use this feature today, but first I want to ask how it works.

Is one new ticket created?

Is one ticket merged into the other? If so, which ticket id/subject remains?

Say I merge

[25255: Overdue Notice]

and

[36373: Email Problem]

What is the new ticket?

Perhaps it would be a little better to give you the option to choose which ticket to merge into, and to modify the subject.

I know in many Forum softwares, such as the one on this board... When you merge posts you have the options to change such things.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps it would be a little better to give you the option to choose which ticket to merge into, and to modify the subject.

Problem with that is, merging is just beautifully simple at the moment. If you start adding all these bells and whistles it becomes complicated.

Merging in Cerberus used to be really simple at one stage, then they complicated it and it became a real pain to use. I'd really hope to keep it simple, and as people say, you can edit the subject, and you know what to expect so it's consistent.