How to get rid of "Company"?

michelle

When emails go out, some of them have the customer's name and then their company next to it in parenthesis.

I looked at the tags to see if I could remove the company (it's a little annoying) but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

For example, the "Invoice" email sends this....

Dear Michelle Yandell (Thunderbird Design, Inc.),

Yet, the template tag has this: Dear [CustomerName],

How do I get it to just leave it as "Dear Michelle Yandell," ??

Even better would be to just use the first name (though don't see that tag option).

Thanks in advance for any help on this,

Michelle

Hey,

Ya that never really bugged me, but a quick work around will be to add a Custom Fields for the Products/Services they have and check the none of the boxes as it will only show up in the admin area.

Then just add the tag

[ProductCustom-FieldName]

* Replace FieldName with name of custom field

How ever I think that [ProductCustom-FieldName] option is only in some of the templates so you can add a new email template under Product Messages and that should do the trick...

From,

Adam

Hey,

Not the customer but you. You setup the config. product and call it FirstName and LastName thats two. Then you go to the clients profile and go to Products and Services. Simply copy + paste the first name and last name from their profile and add them to the two custom fields in their products and services tab. Then in the email you call apon those two fields....

Again this is just a work around which causes more work on your end. Also it's just a company name. Nothing big if it gets sent in a email...

From,

Adam