Simple directi setup instructions please

borzoid

OK so my host offers a registrar account with stargate (or whatever it's called these days). After setup and placing a test order....nothing happened. A few days of frustrating attempts to reach some sort of support at resell.biz and I've given up.

Now I've set up the Directi account through WHMCS. I've read the manuals....viewed the videos...and I'm lost.

Why? because the videos and instructions from Directi have nothing to do with WHMCS.

I cannot tell which settings in the reseller control panel are for directi & their storefront and which are needed to work with whmcs. is there somebody who can walk me through this once and so I can learn what needs to be done to get Directi to work with whmcs with paypal ..no sub resellers...nothing fancy...just selling domain names to my application's customers and pointing them to my nameservers.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

connie

http://www.inpedigree.com

Where do we login? I signed up a while ago and set up some stuff like prices and settings etc, and I can't rememeber if ResellerClub (what DirectI resellers now is) was around then?

I can't seem to login to ResellerClub with my details (Forgot password says no user found). There's no longer a client login on DirectI either. It just says:

Directi Customers

Note that the Retail arm of Directi has now been separated.

You should have received an email with the details on your new account and login details.

I'm assuming im with ResellerClub, but I was never transfered (or with them in the first place). Just a tad confused :P

Thanks...that is so much more simple and straightforward than all the videos and such from directi.

Now in the directi instructions they talk about a "domain registration agreement" that icann requires be agreed to by all domain buyers. It says that this agreement must be copied verbatim to your website. Is this agreement anywhere in whmcs? Or do I add it to my TOS page?

Thanks again...guess I'm just getting a bit jumpy over all the delays I've gone through.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about Directi as well. I've set it up as instructed but wonder if we need to do anything on the directi site to configure pricing... If I set WHMCS to bill the customer $9.00 for a domain, do I need to set the customer price to $9.00 in the directi control panel? Or should I set the customer price to $7.95?

I would prefer to manage everything in one place and only ever sign in to Directi to add funds or do transfers from me to somewhere else if customer requests. Is this the way it is intended to work?