How can i eliminate the paypal checkout button

gabriel925fm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is still an active issue despite the "force subscriptions" option in the Paypal Gateway setup.

I've noticed the following happening:

-Client orders on Day #1 but does not pay immediately

-Day #2 rolls around, invoice is now "overdue" and the subscription button in the invoice is replaced with a "Pay with Paypal" button. Client pays one-time instead of subscription, thus defeating the point of the "force subscription" option.

I've contacted Matt about this in support and was basically given a "tough ****" mentality. Of course, if I don't force subscriptions and allow both options...the client does not seem to be given a choice. After checkout they are automatically forwarded to Paypal for a subscription. If they want a one-time payment, they would then have to go to the invoice and choose "pay with paypal".

This seems to be a problem for me. I don't want to have to delete all unpaid invoices the day after they are placed if no payment is made just to force subscriptions. How hard is it to simply FORCE SUBSCRIPTIONS as the option states? I never had Modernbill revert back to one-time payments.

How so? It would seem pretty obvious to me that the logic should update the renewal date and the creation date for renewal invoices based on when they payment comes in. By the current logic, if the cron runs at 3am every morning and someone places an order at 2:59am and then goes to pay it at 3:01am, they would not get a subscription but a one-time because the invoice is now "past due". Perhaps the proper naming convention for such invoices should be UNPAID and not PAST DUE.

• WHMCS CEO
By the current logic, if the cron runs at 3am every morning and someone places an order at 2:59am and then goes to pay it at 3:01am, they would not get a subscription but a one-time because the invoice is now "past due".

You're wrong. It's the same day so it's not considered overdue and therefore the subscribe button is shown. Time has no effect on it, it's the date - on or before the due date and a subscription button will be shown.

Matt