Unable to Read Captcha ?

rmesa4748

Anyone,

I and my clients are reporting they are having trouble reading the Captcha characters in the blue candy striped box. As I mentioned I can appreciate the value of using the Captcha features, and would like to continue using it. I also know I can turn it off etc.... But that's not the answer. Can we, is it possible to get a Captcha box that does not hinder the visibility of the characters in the current Captcha box?

RMESA

AFAIK, that Turing number writes random digits onto an image that serves as the background, which seems to be /images/verify.png so you could try changing it. You could also turn the feature off, the sad truth is I have seen scripts able to read (read : break) much more advanced captchas now...

That is the drawback to using captcha's as it is a false sense of security against automated scripts. While it may be somewhat helpful, it is more of an inconvenience for ligament users. One of the reasons we choose not to use it. 8)

Thanks guys for the replies,

I find the "False sense of security" to be more than I expected. If this is the case I woiuld also have to agree that this is more of an inconvenience for ligament users.

To bad.... I guess I will not use it. :(

Thanks again for the feedback,

Robert

• WHMCS CEO
That is the drawback to using captcha's as it is a false sense of security against automated scripts.

I would disagree. The captcha protects against the vast majority of bots which try to submit forms they find on webpages. You would be unlucky to be targetted that much that they write something specifically to read the captcha image just so they could submit lots of tickets to you!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Personally I would be happy if the font was just bigger. I can change the background image.

I dug a few minutes to see if this was simple or not.

I see submitticket.php is encrypted so that option might not be possible, of course I am very much a blind code hack-er-upper so I could be wrong.