expiry date and due date?

^DJ_Link^

I have a possible dumb question. I'm registering with directI. I already registered 3 domains with it and the domains have 3 fields, registration date, expiry date and due date.

What's expiry and what's due date? Because on one domain i got the expiry date 15 days before the due date, and the other 2 ones the expiry date got 00/00/00 and the due date is same date as registration only a year after (1-1-2008 to 1-1-2009). what should i do? complete it with the same as due date? or 15 days after?

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the answer I was looking for, as long as it's correct of course. :D

It's a pity this information is not in the Manual, as it would have saved me a lot of searching!

Anyway, following on from this, is it therefore advisable to make the due date a day or so BEFORE the expiry date? (to avoid a domain expiring, eg. if there is a hiccup with connection to the registrar etc). If yes, how is this setup in WHMCS so it does not need to be manually tweaked for each domain?

I can find "Domain Reminder Settings" and "Billing Settings" but nothing allowing for an automated setting of the "Due Date".

Cheers,

Paul

I've only been using WHMCS for a few months now but there is an option under Configurations - Automation Settings. Under the "Billing Settings" you should see the first box that says "Invoice Generation - Enter the number of days before the due payment date you want to generate invoices" I know it works for hosting accounts, but I dont' know if it also does this for Domains considering I haven't had a domain go for a year yet in WHMCS. Hopefully someone can asnwser this.