Reseller setup

ScrltOTara

You bill them for their reseller account, and allot set space to that account. You can also limit the number of accounts/resources each reseller account can use. Generally it's unlimited accounts, but the accounts can only use up the resources alloted to the reseller, in total.

i have a couple of customers that want to resell without having to pay a set monthly fee, these are mostly web designers that dont do much work. What i did was get them to create an account on whmcs, i then issue them with a discount code to match what ever level of discount we have agreed they are due to get, they then order the packages for their customers via their billing account. keeps it all simple, and with a quick look at whmcs we can see who is ordering which accounts. have an idea for a new report / addon but will post that in the correct forum

Ok, I wanted to bill them per account they set up - not for a block of space. Is there no way to do this? What I did temporarily was import their accounts and move them under THEIR customer record, and manually adjust the amount billed. It'll work for now, I guess.
Sounds more like you are talking about an affiliate. They could be set up to get a percentage of each payment their customer pays you :D

Well, it's not really an affiliate because they want their own WHM and branding.

I resold for the last 10 years like this, now I have my own server and some of my fellow resellers came with me, so I was trying to set it up the same way.

For now, I import their clients into WHMCS, then change the ownership to the reseller and manually price it. It'll work until I have tons of resellers selling tons of accounts and I just can't keep up. Then I will be able to afford to pay someone to do it :)

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be using a similar setup for my resellers: they buy discounted plans from me, resell them to their customers. I figure I'll have to manually add each "discounted" plan to their account in WHMCS - I receive emails whenever there's a change on the server, so it's doable. (Until, of course, I'm buried under upgrade/downgrade/creation emails...)