Upgrade / downgrade - how is it calculated?

webdo

I faced a strange problem on the upgrade / downgrade package feature in the client area,

one client,

First Payment Amount: 180.00

Recurring Amount: 360.00

Next Due Date: 26/07/2008

Billing Cycle: Annually

but when downgrade to a lower package that is 180 annually. and the amount is 6.41 which is strange that the client need to pay additional to get downgraded.

and when upgrade to a higher package that is 750 annually, the amount needs to pay become 576.41 . i am not sure how this is calculated (it looks like it is overcharged)

this is an account that, is imported from other billing system. I wonder how the calculation is being done.

Take a look at http://v3manual.whmcs.com/?id=141 for an explanation

Matt

Yup, matt. I have already enable that in the upgrade tab. I have tested on some client hosting package. (newly created hosting package, that age less that a month) It seem that i could downgrade / upgrade with the correct price but not on this one and there are few hosting package that faced the problem (those are created few years back).

Is this correct ?

First Payment Amount: 180.00

Recurring Amount: 180.00

Next Due Date: 08/12/2008

Billing Cycle: Annually

upgrade to a 360 annually package, and wasn't that it should be RM 150 ++ (10 months ++ x monthly price different 15.00 ) but it is displaying 206.63

• WHMCS CEO

To confirm, it will refund anything unused of the current term and charge a full new cycle at the new term. So that is $360 minus unused amount of $180 payment. The due date then changes to a year from today. Looks to be about right.

Matt

To confirm, it will refund anything unused of the current term and charge a full new cycle at the new term. So that is $360 minus unused amount of $180 payment. The due date then changes to a year from today. Looks to be about right.

Matt

Thanks Matt, that's make sense then ..

but what about the

when downgrade to a lower package that is 180 annually. and the amount is 6.41 which is strange that the client need to pay additional to get downgraded.

Thanks Matt, that's make sense then ..

but what about the

when downgrade to a lower package that is 180 annually. and the amount is 6.41 which is strange that the client need to pay additional to get downgraded.

Why doesn't it make sence since they are also adding a new term?

Just one detail.....if you have a free domain with the hosting, things go bad as the system change the new due date in the hosting and this will not match with the domain renewal one.

Could be great if there are a fix for this or make the refund/charge based in the same date instead of change it to today date.

Thanx!