bcc emails

michelle

Question

One thing that's important to us is that a copy of all email sent from the software to any customer (including new ones) also be sent to one of our email boxes. This way we know what was sent. One issue we've had with other software is customers saying they didn't get an automated invoice. This way, we get it too and we know whether or not it really went out.

I don't see an BCC option in the software for this. How hard would this be to add? This is an absolute must for us.

thanks,

michelle

8 answers to this question

Hey,

If you login to admin and go to the link

whmcs/admin/configgeneral.php

or Configuration > General Configuration and chose the tab Mail at the bottom find the box called BCC Messages and enter in the email you want a copy of messages sent..

From,

Adam

Hey,

I also forgot mention, you might want to tell your clients to check their spam or bulk folder if they have any as emails from WHMCS are sent out via PHP script which most spam blockers mark as spam, when really they are not...

From,

Adam - :)

Adam,

Would using SMTP be better than PHP for sending mail? Is there any difference in the chance it has of being blocked?

Kyle

I'm not sure, I never tried that out. How ever if your server lets say has a limt of sending out 100 emails per hour and WHMCS sends out 200 for that same hour via SMTP only for the first 100 will be sent out. Using PHP all 200 will be sent out...

Thats a good question, off to test it out!

From,

Adam