Invoice numbers

michelle

Question

So far, I'm liking the software. Have another question that I was wondering about (and will probably have others as I continue to explore the software). Please bear with me :-)

My question... how do the invoice numbers work? Will it start at #1, #100? Can I determine what number it starts at?

When invoice numbers increment, do they increment by 1? 100, 101, 102, etc? If it works like this, would it be possible to increment them by 100 or something like that?

Thanks,

michelle

8 answers to this question

There are a lot of reasons people may want to do that. For example, you may want to start at the invoice number where you currently left off (via other software). As for incrementing, if you don't have a lot of customers or don't want your customers to know how many other customers you have... that's one reason you might want to increment that way. This is especially true for people just starting out. Let's say you have 5 customers. Each month the customer would notice that his invoice number only incremented by 5 numbers. Make sense now??

Fortunately, I have more than 5 customers (grin) b ut still would prefer for my customers to not know exaclty how many.

Wonder if there's a way to do this?

Michelle :-)

Hey,

If you would like, a much safer but not easier way is setup a test account under your name on your install for WHMCS and just add invoices to that account that way when your client views the invoice it just starts where it picked up!

From,

Adam

It could only be implemented by Matt.

Phpmyadmin could be used to manually edit the sql. I couldnt tell you what the table name is, but i bet its something like tblinvoices. Then column name is probably ID as well, but i would double check the other columns in the table first. What im recommending is something that should only be done if you dont have any invoices already in there besides the test ones or you know what your doing. Either way, you should make a backup of the db before you make the change. That way its easy to restore if their is an issue.