Stop auto domain renewal on some invoices

isdoo

Hi,

How can I stop domains being renewed for marking old invoices as paid?

I have today marked some old invoices as being paid, the problem is each time a domain is marked as paid, the system is sending a renewal to the registrar, irrespective of the current renewal date in the system.

Whilst this is not an issue with .co.uk (Nominet), as a) you can't renew a domain that is not due for renewal and b) Nominet doesn't work on my system for anything not done by the cron :(

However for .com's this has cost me 60 odd dollars today as the system has renewed it for another 2 years over and above what has been billed to the client.

I must find a way to stop this.

Please could someone assist to tell me how I can not waste money just by marking old invoices as paid.

Thanks.

Either don't mark them paid and instead set them cancelled or disable the automatic registration/renewal on payment in Config > Domain Pricing by changing the registrar dropdown to None.

Matt

Didn't realise you would be working this evening ;)

I can't mark them as cancelled, as the clients would be confused, and it does not look professional :(

Marking the dropdown to none is also not really on - as it involves a lot of extra steps :(

There really should be a way to stop old invoices from being renewed automatically in the same way as we can currently stop receipts from being sent.