Subdomains in WHMCS don't work with SSL

Hi, 

I've set it up so one of my customers can buy a web hosting package with a sub domain, and it sets it all up and works. But AutoSSL in cPanel doesn't work. So my customers are stuck with an unsecure warning in their browsers.

This is the error I get with AutoSSL -

ERROR Defect: OPENSSL_VERIFY: The certificate chain failed OpenSSL’s verification (0:18:DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT).
2:51:16 PM WARN “Let’s Encrypt™” HTTP DCV error (examplewebsites.charltonwebsite.net): 400 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns (There was a problem with a DNS query) (DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up CAA for charltonwebsite.net - the domain's nameservers may be malfunctioning)

Have I setup my DNS wrong for the subdomains to work? I've pointed my domain to my nameservers?

This is not really WHMCS related issue, but you should be able to create subdomains with 

DNS seems to work now:

# dig +dnssec +norecurse @ns2.charltonhosting.com examplewebsites.charltonwebsite.net

; <<>> DiG 9.18.24-1-Debian <<>> +dnssec +norecurse @ns2.charltonhosting.com examplewebsites.charltonwebsite.net
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 34426
;; flags: qr aa; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags: do; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;examplewebsites.charltonwebsite.net. IN        A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
examplewebsites.charltonwebsite.net. 14400 IN A 95.216.32.93

;; Query time: 135 msec
;; SERVER: 95.216.32.93#53(ns2.charltonhosting.com) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr 19 01:52:06 EDT 2024
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 80

I'd recommend trying again and also keep in mind that AutoSSL won't actually start running until after account is created. Also, keep in mind that if AutoSSL was run at account creation, and DNS records were not set properly, then AutoSSL could be manually retried once the DNS are set properly.