Database Access for Godaddy Registrar Module

chales

The situation is this:

I'm working on a registrar module and need to store extra information about the customer and the domain in the database. It would also be helpful if I could store OrderIDs, though those aren't 1:1 with either customer or Domain data, so I'm fine storing those in their own table.

What I need to know is how I go about storing this extra data in the least intrusive (ie: least likely to break with version upgrades of WHMCS) way possible.

Once I'm confident this thing is working better, I'll open the development to public review/improvement/use, but for now it's too temperamental to inflict on anyone else.

It would also be helpful if I could store OrderIDs, though those aren't 1:1 with either customer or Domain data, so I'm fine storing those in their own table.

If it's not 1:1 it needs to be in its own table anyway :)

What I need to know is how I go about storing this extra data in the least intrusive (ie: least likely to break with version upgrades of WHMCS) way possible.

Dont start the table with "tbl" and then it wont conflict with the WHMCS naming system

Got most of the GoDaddy/WildWestDomains module squared away finally. What I need now is the ability to send emails (preferably templated) with the details from a custom field that I specify in the payment module configuration.

Documentation is a little skimpy on how to do this, as I'd like it to interface nicely with the WHMCS email scheme. (ie, leave a record of the email that can be retrieved later or resent if the user loses the email, etc)

Suggestions? RTFM Flames? Death Threats?

I assume "Name goes here" is the name of the template? I will be able to test this of course, I'd just like to be sure before I do it, as I can only test a limited number of times. (for somewhat self explanatory reasons - it's a live site)

Any way I can override the default domain confirmation/transfer emails, or should I make this a separate mailing?

Also, just to confirm, the signature for that would be:

function godaddy_RegisterDomain($params) {
.... #Registration magic happens here
sendMessage("Domain Management Account",$params["domainid"]);
}

Where "Domain Management Account" is the name of a template. Correct?

• 3 months later...