Multiple front ends

profezor

I would like WHMCS to control all of the back end of my hosting business. So far there is no problem handling my servers and resller accounst that are wide spread. We are in the process of building additional hosting fronts addressing niches. My issue is if WHMCS controls the suppor for the differet "sites" won't al of the support seem to come from one place? Is there a way around that?

To be clear, say I have Big Business Hosting company and Small Business Hosting company with one installation of WHMCS running in the back. If there is a support request from both "companies" is there a awy to make it appear thatthear coming from their prespective hosts?

profezor

If you share a database, you'll only have one configured URL, and the other site will end up redirecting customers to that URL.

The other thing is that the emails have to come from one site - you won't be able to have emails for one "brand" from one site, and another from the other site.

That may be okay in some situations, and I'm toying with doing it to merge our two WHMCS sites into one so that I can manage everything from one.

Both sites run on the same server, and I'm toying with continuing to use two databases, but symlink all the tables but the one where the URL is configured from the primary database into the second. I'm thinking this may allow me to have customers on site 1 stay on site 1, and customers of site 2 stay on site 2, while I can manage them both through site 1.

This will only work if you have 1 primary brand, and another service is considered a subsidiary of that brand. Emails will have to come from one source domain, and I guess customers will have to be informed about how they're being charged, if you have a merchant account. (I.E. when a customer gets a charge from the site 1 company, but he's paying for hosting through site 2, he should not be surprised and charge it back because he doesn't know what the charge is for.)

Has anyone tried symlinking mysql table data files from one database to another?

• 5 months later...

Hi... I thought I'd bring this thread alive, as this question has arose in our office.

We currently have a WHMCS license, and want it to service 4 different web sites.

The 3 sites are our main Hosting business, and the others are all 'Brands'. Basically these brands are seperate sites selling the same services but in a more direct/tailored manner.

What we wanted to know, is if WHMCS can be integrated into each individual site, keeping in with that sites styling.

Essentially almost like having a separate WHMCS stylesheet for each site, but just one back end instance of WHMCS.

Any ideas on whether this is possible?

Incidentally, before anyone mentions multiple license, all shops are on the same server/IP, and having clients access each websites services via one system is preferable.

Thanks in advance

Chris

I have a need to do this myself.

i did read a thread somewhere that you could add a suffix to the link to change templates, but not sure if this is 'sticky' or you lose the template after clicking the off the first page.

This was in the wiki http://wiki.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Template_Files

Add ?systemtemplate=templatename to the url.

Obviously this would work only if you can append to the link.

But clearly you could replicate, rename & modify the templates for each brand

I have the same need. I absolutely LOATH managing three installations, which we do at present. It takes a huge amount of time to manage it that way.

I have 'brands' that are more targetted at 'econo' hosting, and others that are targetted at more 'enterprise' hosting - but if they could share customers/domains/etc in the database, that would be ideal. I know that Saeven.net is promissing that in their new version - of course, it's been 'comming soon' for years now, so who knows...

I also absolutely don't mind paying multiple licenses for multiple sites - so if the licensing model needs to be a license for each website, that's 100% OK with me - but if each 'brand' could share the same database, that would make my life much easier.

Frankly, I think it would increase Matt's revenue too. If it was easier to manage multiple sites, more WHMCS clients might be inclined to buy multiple licenses, maybe?

ok, this are my two cents:

you can create an integrated whmcs into the two diferent layouts, and then using them as two different templates on the same installation, switching them with links indluding the ?systemtemplate= templatename at least once, so the users of domain1.com see your whmcs as templatea and users of domainb.com will see it as templateb, that's handled by cookies entirely so there's a good chance that they won't ever switch templates if you make the appropiate logic and the proper cookie is set in the visitors browser.

see in the whmcs wiki for linking with the systemtemplate variable, as all i can see al you need are two differente whmcs templates, and some domain masking. i use something of this this for my mobile installation at:

http://m.avantvision.net

• 2 weeks later...

Like what you did with the mobile version.

Only problem with a different mobile frontend in your setup is that it has to be chosen manually (or integrated into a link); unless you've figured out how to tell the mobile browser to automtically select the mobile.css AND the mobile template files when being parsed by a WAP user agent.

care to share?