Help! 26k emails from cron

pinoguin

Lately I've checked my email and found 26 thousand emails:

Subject: Cron <elijah@element> php -q /home/elijah/public_html/clients/pipe/pop.php

<b>POP Import Log</b><br>Date: 23/10/2007 15:20:01<hr>Host: mail.pinoguin.com<br>Email: sales @ pinoguin.com<br>Email Count: 0<hr>Host: mail.pinoguin.com<br>Email: admin @ pinoguin.com<br>Email Count: 0<hr>

How do I disable email import logs???

You've probably set the cron to send every minute or second or something.

I would double-check your cron settings to ensure its only doing it daily.

If you are using cPanel then go into standard mode.

This is what mine has.

Minutes: 0

Hours : 2AM (but you can pick a time you want it to do the cron during the day)

Days : Everyday

Months : Every Month

Weekdays : Every Weekday

I would rather you stop it doing the cron so many times than just disabling the emails - it's not good on your server load.

thats not the main cron output, thats the mail import cron, afaik there are 2 seperate cron jobs, one that you run once a day and the other for the mail import via pop that you run as often as you want, if your on cPanel then go to cron jobs in standard mode and remove the notification address and save it, also might want to look at either adjusting the frequency of the cron or maybe using the forwarders option for mail import, no cron job at all, just forwards the email itself to the pipeing file, uses far less resources and stops emails like that