Question about how registrar module works

mddrch
Go to solution Solved by RadWebHosting,

Our domain registrar is InternetX. I recently bought the "Existing Domains" extension on the marketplace, allowing customers to use existing domains when buying hosting services with us. This works well with domains that were previously bought via our WHMCS, and consequently registered with InternetX. My question now it this: What about domains that the customer already owns with InternetX? Do they need to be transferred to our WHMCS system? Or "use existing domain and update nameservers?" I guess I am a bit confused, because in both cases the domain would be with InternetX. Is there a way to synchronize customer domains between WHMCS and a registrar? Would this even be within the scope of the module? Thanks for any clarification

• Solution
On 1/23/2024 at 3:36 AM, mddrch said:

My question now it this: What about domains that the customer already owns with InternetX? Do they need to be transferred to our WHMCS system?

Yes, they should be transferred into your account at the registrar. Different TLDs have different procedures for this, often known as Inter-registrar transfers, domain push, or domain trade.

Or "use existing domain and update nameservers?"

This would be the appropriate selection for when your clients are using any domain that is not managed within your WHMCS.

Is there a way to synchronize customer domains between WHMCS and a registrar? Would this even be within the scope of the module?

No, this wouldn't work. You could possibly connect multiple accounts at your registrar to a single WHMCS and manage all domains within connected accounts (utilizing renamed registrar modules). The Existing Domains module (by WHMCSServices) is designed for linking existing domains registered within your WHMCS to services.

You can reach out to your registrar for details regarding "Domain Trade/PUSH" to your account, which could then be added to WHMCS using their registrar module, and subsequently managed with your Existing Domains module.

On 1/27/2024 at 4:12 AM, radwebhosting said:

Yes, they should be transferred into your account at the registrar. Different TLDs have different procedures for this, often known as Inter-registrar transfers, domain push, or domain trade.

This would be the appropriate selection for when your clients are using any domain that is not managed within your WHMCS.

No, this wouldn't work. You could possibly connect multiple accounts at your registrar to a single WHMCS and manage all domains within connected accounts (utilizing renamed registrar modules). The Existing Domains module (by WHMCSServices) is designed for linking existing domains registered within your WHMCS to services.

You can reach out to your registrar for details regarding "Domain Trade/PUSH" to your account, which could then be added to WHMCS using their registrar module, and subsequently managed with your Existing Domains module.

Thank you for this detailed answer!