Looking for an Advice with Manual Approval of Domain Registrations in WHMCS

Good afternoon,

Currently, we are utilizing WHMCS Version: 7.10.2 for order processing.

Our WHMCS system automatically registers domain names with 20i (openSRS = Tucows) immediately upon order placement.

I appreciate the organization of the hosting account setup ("Auto Setup"), allowing us to decide whether new hosting accounts should be established only after we accept a new order. Unfortunately, it appears that such an option is not available.

Is there a way to manually approve new domain name registrations before they are processed? We are facing challenges with a user who has been utilizing unauthorized cards to purchase domains, resulting in financial losses due to chargebacks and the inability to recover the costs associated with the ordered domains. the Stripe checkout is already set up to the maximum security > doesn't help for this individual.

I've explored various options but haven't found a suitable solution yet.

Thank you in advance,
Helmuts
HostMaria

@HostMaria I think you have 2 options to try

1) Under General Settings -> Go to the Ordering tab and uncheck this box: Only Auto Provision for Existing

It will apply to all orders though so it may or may not work for you. You would need to review each and every order before sending it to the Registrar or Provisioning the service through the module.

2) On the Domain Pricing page, don't select a Registrar for each of the TLDs that you want to manually approve. Again, it means you'd have to do this for every TLD order where you don't have a pre selected registrar.

These are the only ways I can think of unless someone knows how to write a hook to better fine tune this for you.

13 minutes ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

@HostMaria I think you have 2 options to try

1) Under General Settings -> Go to the Ordering tab and uncheck this box: Only Auto Provision for Existing

It will apply to all orders though so it may or may not work for you. You would need to review each and every order before sending it to the Registrar or Provisioning the service through the module.

2) On the Domain Pricing page, don't select a Registrar for each of the TLDs that you want to manually approve. Again, it means you'd have to do this for every TLD order where you don't have a pre selected registrar.

These are the only ways I can think of unless someone knows how to write a hook to better fine tune this for you.

Thank you. Is there a chance, that option #2 will impact the automated renewal process? .. just want to be sure. Thank you.

How do you guys (and ladies) battle the dodgy clients registering domain names?

@HostMaria I believe you'll be just fine w/ renewals because that domain already has a module assigned to it. Watch the first couple of renewals to make sure though.

I believe it's on the same settings > order tab, an option to no auto provision for new customers and/or existing. You could try that to stop the dodgy customers.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Ordering_Tab#Only_Auto_Provision_for_Existing