Issue with Automatic Execution of CRON Script in WHMCS

omidch4

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with the automatic execution of a CRON script in WHMCS. I have configured the CRON job in cPanel, and it successfully runs every 5 minutes. Additionally, manual execution of the script through SSH produces the expected results.

SSH Log:

Dec 10 17:50:01 server CRON[1923158]: (username) CMD (/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/public_html/crm.mysite.com/crons/cron.php) 

I have configured the time zone settings in both WHMCS and PHP as follows:

• In php info: date.timezone: Asia/Tehran
  • In configuration.php: date_default_timezone_set('Asia/Tehran');

Furthermore, executing the following command manually produces the expected results:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/public_html/crm.mysite.com/crons/cron.php all -F -vvv 

However, despite these configurations, the script does not run automatically at 04:00 AM. I recently migrated the site from CyberPanel to cPanel. Can anyone provide insights into potential reasons for this issue? I appreciate any guidance and assistance you can provide.

Thank you for your help.

On 12/12/2023 at 6:59 AM, radwebhosting said:

When you run the command manually, and it is successful, are you running as the same username as when it fails?

Hi, thank you for your reply. I probably did not understand your question correctly.
I login the server command line with root access and enter the following command:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/MyCrmUsername/hidefile/crons/cron.php all -F -vvv 

Also, instead of MyCrmUsername, I put the correct user and directory on which WHMCS is installed.
When I run this command. The Cron Job runs well and displays a success message. Also, there is no error in the automation in the WHMCS admin panel.
I moved the Crons directory to another folder and paths $whmcspath and  $crons_dir are correct.

But after a day, there are (Cron Invocation Frequency) (Daily Cron Run) (Daily Cron Completing) errors again in the automation management panel and the cron job is not done automatically every day.
I have to manually run the command line every day to create invoices.
My timezone is ok. my cron job setting in cpanel every 5 min is ok. my automation setting in whmcs panel is ok. So why doesn't the automation run automatically every day at 4 am?

sorry my bad English. TNX

19 hours ago, GoZen said:

Sounds like not enough time to complete, check your PHP setting.

My max_execution_time is 300. memory is 64M
but not working.

I use this in cpanel cronjob and works fine:

0 	4 	* 	* 	*      /opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/hidefile/crons/cron.php all -F -vvv

Does this cause a problem?

On 12/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, omidch4 said:

Additionally, manual execution of the script through SSH produces the expected results.

SSH Log:

Dec 10 17:50:01 server CRON[1923158]: (username) CMD (/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/public_html/crm.mysite.com/crons/cron.php) 

I assume the above is logged from the scheduled cron?

Furthermore, executing the following command manually produces the expected results:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/public_html/crm.mysite.com/crons/cron.php all -F -vvv 

One thing you may want to explore if this issue persists is to set the above command to run daily as a system user with root-equivalent permissions (wheel-group user).

On 12/19/2023 at 11:56 AM, omidch4 said:

Check your error logs to see whether you notice out of memory issues logged during the daily cron. If not, then the memory limit is probably not the cause. (Although, I think it's a bit low as @GoZen mentioned.)

Out of curiosity, what version of WHMCS are you running? I know some versions that required additional cron job schedule for daily tasks.

Additionally, manual execution of the script through SSH produces the expected results.

SSH Log:

I assume the above is logged from the scheduled cron?

One thing you may want to explore if this issue persists is to set the above command to run daily as a system user with root-equivalent permissions (wheel-group user).

On 12/19/2023 at 11:56 AM, omidch4 said:

Check your error logs to see whether you notice out of memory issues logged during the daily cron. If not, then the memory limit is probably not the cause. (Although, I think it's a bit low as @GoZen mentioned.)

Out of curiosity, what version of WHMCS are you running? I know some versions that required additional cron job schedule for daily tasks.