how to get affilate to work?

Martyn

In general configuration you enabl it (under the affiliates tab). Then go into the clients details page and look at quick links. Should have something about affiliates.

Add them to the system and when they login they should be an affiliate with a unique URL.

• 4 weeks later...
did it recognise that the affiliate had a visitor at least looking at the site through their link?

I have this same problem, and yes, it did increase the "visitors" count by 1. When I used the affiliate link to go to the site, I placed the order, and redir to the invoice. I applied a payment to that invoice in the back, so the order was placed. When i refreshed the invoice on the front, it redir to the order confirmation page, with an order number and sent emails.

Thing is, on the order page in the back, it says at the bottom that the order was not referred by an affiliate.

And no, the affiliate is not the buyer. I created a new account during checkout.