Nominet Module Query - Can client change nameservers

pdpd

Yes the clients can change the namservers, which fires a "modify" email off to the automaton.

At the moment the client cannot change the contact details directly, they can do tat using the nominet system, or you can still do it with a pgp signed email - the ability for a client to manage their address themselves should be coming soon

• 5 months later...
Has this come yet and I'm missing something or has it not?

Nameservers - always been there

Contact updates - no, and since Nominet "improved" their database to the point of being totally useless, its not going to be coming in the automaton based module.

Just tell the client to use the Nominet online system and do it themselves, thats why Nominet created it.

• 1 month later...

We are looking to move from AWBS to WHMCS but Nominet and Enom domain automation is a key consideration for us.

1 - Contact Details

I gather from this post that the client cannot update their own contact details. This may well cause a bit of a problem because our clients currently have this feature available through AWBS.

2 - Mail Forwarding / DNS Management

The demo version shows that email forwarding and DNS management is available for UK domains. Does this actually work for UK domains through Nominet? I ask because AWBS doesn't offer that feature and I didn't know Nominet supported it.

Thanks.

2 - Mail Forwarding / DNS Management

The demo version shows that email forwarding and DNS management is available for UK domains. Does this actually work for UK domains through Nominet? I ask because AWBS doesn't offer that feature and I didn't know Nominet supported it.

Nominet dont provide any services beyond registration.