google ads and conversion "values"

sahostking

Hey guys

For Google Ads campaigns I currently have the following in whmcs complete.tpl file.

It seems to dynamically track purchases and the amounts that is purchased. However I realise the currency section is not dynamically changing. Anyway to do that.

So if someone pays in USD it changes to USD and if someone pays in ZAR and shows in ZAR. Dont want to send incorrect data to Google Ads which I think it has been doing for awhile now as we overlooked this completely.

<script>
  gtag('event', 'conversion', {
      'send_to': 'AW-xxx/xxx',
      'value': {$amount},
      'currency': 'ZAR',
      'transaction_id': ''
  });
</script>

I've added this to templates/orderforms/lagom/complete.tpl

During the Google Ads conversion setup, they asked for a default conversion value which I set to ZAR48.

How do I dynamically set the value assigned for currency aswell to the Google Ads conversion based on the order that has just been made on the order-complete page?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

In my work with Google Ads, especially when dealing with multi-currency transactions like your situation, I've learned that the key is in the implementation details. For your specific issue, tweaking the script to adjust the currency dynamically based on each transaction is essential. It's a technical task but crucial for accurate conversion tracking. I faced a similar challenge and found that a bit of coding can go a long way in ensuring data accuracy, which is vital for understanding the performance of your ads.

Now, linking this to broader advertising strategies, tools like the Facebook adspy tool have been invaluable in my journey. When I was fine-tuning my Google Ads campaigns, observing how competitors approached their advertising, especially their targeting and messaging strategies, gave me insights I could apply to my movements. This kind of competitive analysis helps make informed decisions, not just in ad creation but also in understanding how to track and evaluate ad performance. It's all about gathering as much relevant information as possible to refine your approach.

Edited by D3vil