Selling Domains for more than 1 year

vj135

I have 2 questions regarding selling domains:

1) I have many tlds listed for 1 year right now. If i wanted to sell domain for slightly less if customers wants to purchase for more than 1 year say for example 2,3 or even 5 years --- how do i do that and at the same time it should look reasonably presentable to the customer?

2) My brother has a domain which he purchased for 3 years now he wants to transfer it to my business -- how does he do that ? and how do the say 2 years and 7 months leftover from his previous seller be added when purchases say 1 year of domain services from me

if you need more claification do please let me know

thanks

vijay

• WHMCS Developer

1) CLick on add onther tld, put in an existing onem, and set the number of years to 2, 3, 4 5, whatever. You can do this multiple times.

2) If it is a .com or similar, 1 years registration will be added to the currrent term when the registrar is transferred. This happens automatically.

1) CLick on add onther tld, put in an existing onem, and set the number of years to 2, 3, 4 5, whatever. You can do this multiple times.

2) If it is a .com or similar, 1 years registration will be added to the currrent term when the registrar is transferred. This happens automatically.

Regarding #1 ) -- how will it look in the customers interface? anyone you know been selling domains for 2,3 or 5 years -- i would like to see what it would look like. -- maybe on second thoughts i should try it and see what it looks like myself

#2) my brother has 2 years and 3 months left on his previous domain purchase -- lets assume he does not like the registrar and wants to initiate a transfer of his domains to me and buys 1 year from me. Will he LOOSE the 2 years and 3 months OR will the full 2 years and 3 months be added to the additional 1 year that will be purchased from me?

thanks for your patience

vijay

1) The customers will get a drop down asking them to choose a registration period

2) No, the 1 year will be added on.. It will extend the period by 1 year.. so will be 3years and 3 months using your example

Thanks very very much for clarifying

vijay