2Checkout gateway and custom registrar module

Fonix

Question

Hi,

1)

I read on these forums that it will be possible to write own registrar module. Will it be then possible to select which TLDs we want to register through the custom registrar module, while the rest of the TLDs still goes through DirectI or Enom?

2)

Let's say I use DirectI as registrar and I add a new TLD such as eu.com which is not supported by DirectI, what happens when a client registers a eu.com domain? Do I get a notice about the order which tells me that I need to register the domain with another registrar? How does the system know which TLDs are supported by DirectI?

3)

As far I understand you have a feature called checkout which runs an external script. Will this script run each time an order is placed or just when someone orders a hosting package or a domain? Will this scipt be called if customer order something else than hosting or domain?

4) You support 2checkout as a payment gateway. As far I know all products needs to be pre-created on 2checkout before client can pay for the product through 2co. If I enable 2co on WHMCS, do I need to manualy create all products on 2CO or does WHMCS handle this part of the job? What happens if I change a price? Do I need to change it at the 2CO or do you handle this as well?

Thanx!

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

In answer to your questions:

1. Documentation will be released for creating your own registrar module over the next few weeks. No domain registrations are done automatically when ordered - you must manually verify each one - this is mainly due to protecting against fraud but also due to the fact that in V2.4.1 with the registrar system it was not possible. You can therefore choose the registrar to use each time you get a domain registration order.

2. Answered above.

3. The script is run every time and order is placed. Two variables are passed to the script - $hostingid and $domainid which you can then use to get details about the order.

4. This is only true when using recurring subscriptions. However, 2CheckOut doesn't offer a good system for this - only do a callback on first payment (so no automatic logging of payments), can't use coupons, price is fixed, have to setup all products - one for each payment term - basically, very difficult and bad. Therefore with WHMCS I took the decision to do invoices which means users are sent invoices to pay, there is no need to setup any products and a callback is received every time a payment is made and payment logged automatically.

Matt

Matt

Thank you for the clarification.

3. The script is run every time and order is placed. Two variables are passed to the script - $hostingid and $domainid which you can then use to get details about the order.

What if a customer orders something else than hosting and domain? Will I still be able to grab the order (product) details by using this script?