Configurable options for server offerings

bluesteam

Hello,

Right off the bat, I want to say that I am very aware this must be something I am doing wrong but I need guidance nonetheless.

We are planning on offering VPS options to our clients.

We are just going to start small for now but later hopefully have more offerings.
For now, we are limiting our offerings to only 4 different VPS server options that are identical except for CPUs and Disk Allocation.

So I created 4 servers:

SERVER 1: 2 vCPUS with 50gb Disk Space
SERVER 2: 4 vCPUS with 125gb Disk Space
SERVER 3: 6 vCPUS with 250gb Disk Space
SERVER 4: 8 vCPUS with 500gb Disk Space

However, we want to offer our clients to options of upgrading their package configuration to allow them to purchase extra vCPUs or extra Disk Space or whatever feature we want, without forcing the client to upgrade the entire server to the next package.

In other words, if they want a server with 2 vCPUs and 50GB disk space, but want to upgrade only their disk space to say 100gb instead of just 50gb then they must be able to do so without being forced to move to the next tier of server. The same for vCPUs and any other feature we allow.

To me, the most obvious choice here is to use the configurable options feature.

Ok, so I proceed to create a configurable options group for the various features these servers can upgrade and downgrade to.

However, I seem to either be misunderstanding how this feature works or I am simply doing it wrong

If the client chooses Server 4 that has 8 vCPUS already and now wants to purchase more vCPUs, the client now also sees the lower spec'd options as well which they shouldn't because the default on this server is 8 vCPUs already.

SEE SCREENSHOT:

image.thumb.png.179a3fbc0b14fc06c4f9dce47b1e002c.png

Now the only way I can see to get around this is to set up a SEPERATE configurable options groups with the same items in each for EVERY INDIVIDUAL server and just remove the lower spec'd options from each group listing depending on which server the group is for.

HOWEVER, this makes things VERY tedious when you want to do things like update descriptions or prices across multiple server offerings as each item in the configurable options group must now be modified individually when the time comes

Is the only way to do this to create individual configurable options groups per server offering or is there another way of doing this so that I don't have configure the same vCPU upgrade/downgrade  MULTIPLE times across multiple configurable options groups.

I am missing something??