Export VAT

arthur34

Dear WHMCS Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently managing a website using WHMCS, and I've come across a specific requirement that I'm hoping to gain some insight on. I need to find a way to export VAT data sorted by the customer's country (place of residence).

This is crucial for our accounting and financial reporting, as we have clients from various countries, and understanding the VAT collected from each region will help us comply with international tax laws.

If you have any suggestions or if there's a built-in feature or an additional module in WHMCS that facilitates this, it would be greatly appreciated. I've explored the documentation and forums but have yet to find a clear solution that addresses this specific need.

For additional context, we are currently on the latest version of WHMCS, and I have access to perform necessary system modifications if required.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Arthur

• 3 months later...
  • WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hi @arthur34,

Since you are looking to generate a report identical to the VAT MOSS report, except on a monthly basis rather than quarterly, your best option would be to duplicate the VAT MOSS report and customise it to your requirements:

We don't encode the source code for reports, because we recognise that our clients may want to customise them to their requirements.

Essentially, you can copy the /modules/reports/vat_moss.php file (call it something like vat_moss_monthly.php), and then edit the contents to your requirements.

Though our Support team won't be able to help with this, as we can't offer assistance in creating customisations for WHMCS, one of our wonderful WHMCS.Community members may be happy to help you put together something like this in the Developer Corner.