Pricing values randomly change on page load. Mostly shows correct, sometimes randomly changes.

RMBLR

Okay, I've had about enough of this issue. I've already gone through everything with support. I've disabled plugins and hooks, reconfigured things, and yet the issue persists to a point where I'm not certain how to proceed. Support has offered some useful tips but are unable to diagnose or provide anything that has fixed it.

DETAILS:

Problem: Migrated our WHMCS portal to a much larger VM to accommodate growth and to give it more juice since the DB is massive and it likes to crawl or die every morning when the cron runs. Aside from that annoyance, the pricing showed properly and correctly and never without issue.

After migration, we ran through the basic checks. Everything worked fine. No errors were present. Things were good. The server environment between the original and migrated install should be a 1:1 match. All dependencies were met and things went smoothly.

After a few weeks, we started to notice that anywhere in WHMCS where pricing is shown (whether it be in the admin side or client side, public or private view) that sometimes the displayed pricing doesn't show correctly. For example, if an item is shown as 10.00, if you reload the page five or six times you may see that it is now all of a sudden 12.40, for example. Refresh, and boom, it's back to 10.00. A new customer looking at the product list? Goes to order? Boom, now (sometimes) the price is different than the page they were just on. Add a 10.00 item to the cart and now it's show 12.40 (or something). Go to check out, and it's changed back to 10.00.

WHMCS support had this to say in a ticket regarding the matter:

Digging into this, I am not seeing anything specific in your installation that would cause this, and sometimes refreshes return seemingly random results. For one refresh, I got the amount to show as $51.00. For another, as $52.25 - see attached screenshots. It's quite puzzling. From what I can see, the values always end in a 5 or a 0, which to me suggests some sort of unexpected rounding or math issue somewhere.

It was replicated on their end with our install.

Sometimes the incorrect value gets passed to the payment gateway and that is what is invoiced or charged, as well, which is also a big problem as customers think you're trying to get a couple extra bucks out of them which is certain;y not the case, and I'm tired of explaining it's a software bug that is random.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips for fixing it?

WHMCS has reviewed our configs, our phpinfo, etc and has only given suggestions on how to fix but nothing has worked.

EDIT:

Apache, MariaDB, php 7.4, WHMCS 8.1.X on a Debian 11 VM

Edited by RMBLR

Nothing at all? Surely I'm not the only person in existence to encounter this error.

I've got one hail mary in me, and it's going to be a pain to attempt. If that fails to fix the issue then I guess we'll just drop the money on Hostbill and have their team handle the import and correction. We've got a WHMCS Business 1,000 license and this is impacting way too many customers and being too much of an annoyance to not have anyone at WHMCS motivated to help us find the cause of this. I appreciate the help we've been given / common trouble shooting steps but this is costing me time and money to fix and no one seems interested in seeing that it's resolved.