Add VAT for addfunds invoices ?

Bidi

Hello Guys and Happy New Year!

Since today my company become VAT Payee so we activated tax rules on ower WHMCS, all ok, till one customer used add funds and added 10$ into hes account to buy a domain name with 10 + VAT 19%, so the customer was pissed off 🙂 why again have to make payment for the 1.9$ VAT and not added when he added 10$ funds.

And hes right, ower prices on the websites ar excluded VAT.

So i`m looking for a solution, when customer whants to add funds, vat to be edded to the invoice.

I know, lots of you will say, whoo the customer pays 2 times the VAT, no they dont.

The think is customer dose not pay VAT twice explain in short.

Addfunds 10$ + 19% VAT = 11.90 Total customer pays, the entire amount 11.90 added to customer account as credit.

Customer buys sompting on the website price is 10 + 19% VAT = 11.90 🙂 so not twice.

If it adds only the 10$ into the customer account then yes it pay twice, but calculation and system should work like i mentioned, because at the end of the year you have to report year close and money entered into your bank account should be same invoice made.

If you charge customer 10$ and he spends only 5$+VAT, me as company i will be in trouble. Where is VAT for hes 10$ charge ? Why you providing customer invoice for only the 5$+VAT amount when you changed hem 10$ and into your bank account is 10$  ?

So anyone can help me ?

WHMCS doesn't support this scenario. It took me months of coding to achieve this exact goal. It was extremely difficult and infuriating.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to spend months trying to prevent WHMCS from ruining billing because this is what it's all about. Let WHMCS ruin eveything (it's unstoppable) and rollback eveything wrong it does on the fly otherwise clients and admins will notice that something is wrong.

In essence you need to do the following.

Detect all add funds invoices and add VAT (eg. 10 euro + 10% VAT = 11 euro).

When the customer pays 11 euro you need to add 10 euro of credit and not 11 euro otherwise you're creating money out of nothing.

Every time the customer use credit to partially pay the invoice, you need to recalculate amounts so that credit is always VAT-free. Let me give you an example with the following invoice:

• Subtotal: 10 euro
  • Credit: 5 euro
  • VAT: 10%

This is what WHMCS wrongly does:

• VAT: 1 euro
  • Total Due: 6 euro

You have to correct it as follows which is super difficult since WHMCS keeps reverting back numbers to the previous version:

• VAT: 0.5 euro
  • Total Due: 5.5 euro

On the other hand when the customer fully pays the invoice with credit you should entirely suppress invoice creation. I mean total due 10 euro -10 credit applied = 0 euro. Zero amount invoices are unnecessary and in some countries they are not supported or even look suspicious.

Don't forget you also have to reinvent the wheel manually simulating "Invoice Paid" event. This is hardcore. Let me give you an example:

• Credit: 10 euro
  • VAT: 1 euro
  • Total Due:  1 euro

According to WHMCS you still need 1 euro before the proforma can be turned into a Paid invoice. In reality the invoice is already paid (+10 -10 = 0). Big fun. As icing on the cake every time credit is used to pay an invoice, most of the times you need to reimburse part of credit used. This is due to WHMCS calculating total due with a formula that doesn't support our scenario. And I am not even talking about upgrades & downgrades 😱

In conclusion I managed to get things done in a module but it is so complex that I wouldn't been able to understand what I've done. The best suggestion I can give you is turning off "add credit" and live happily. On the other hand if you really want to fix this mess be prepared to spend months wandering around crazy challenges.

Hello,

I was thinking someone have this allready and the way i see nobody dose, so i can make this one hook/module in 1 day but now i dont have the right time for.

The think is we dont use invoices from whmcs as a fiscal cuz is a mess, we make them sepratly on SmartBIll Romanians know about it and they use it two.

The think with addfunds vat is Add Funds ar not refundable so charging vat si 100% must buy .

I know what WHMCS calculates a amount of money payed in advance is not 100% usable so you cant charge VAT in this way you make mess with invoices and fiscals + if someone pay 10$ spend 5$ and ask the rest refund is ok but us for add funds we dont do refunds so is 100% usable.

Whmcs should learn thinks from this and go with the same idee "Add Funds" not refundable so you can apply VAT and dont make mess

I`m not english to explain right now it should be