Hooks translations in multi-language addons

Eduardo G.

Hi all.

I have created several multi-language addons using "lang" folder inside the addon folder:
https://developers.whmcs.com/addon-modules/multi-language/

And it's ok as long I use those translations from _output and _sidebar.

But then my hooks cannot take that advantage.
They just can't see _LANG variables
Also method Lang::trans() is not valid because it doesnt take into account those custom addon's language files.

Of course I cannot ask the customers to edit their global lang overrides, also that wouldn't be correct.

So question is: how could I use custom addon own lang files and translation from inside this adddon's hook file?

TIA.

There could be a better approach that I am not aware of but that's how I do it. When I started coding in WHMCS (2009) there were no Lang::trans() and autoloader so I had to find a way myself.

In my module hooks.php file I require my autoloader (it can also be a normal php file) where the constructor perfoms various things including the loading of my language files depending on current user/visitor language. I also take into account overrides directory if present in modules/{MyModule}/lang/overrides. This way customers can override $_ADDONLANG like they already do for $_LANG.

<?php

require 'my_module_autoloader.php';

add_hook('AnnouncementAdd', 1, function($vars) {

$hook = Hook::getInstance($vars);

die($hook->addonlang->welcome_message);
});

Over the years I used new(), singleton, and dependency injection approach. They all work.

Edited by Kian