Need step-by-step instructions on how to set up Cloud server with Azure

petenorris

Question

Hello Community;

Question: Can WHMCS provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to set up a Cloud server using the Microsoft Azure cloud hosting service?

I have been grappling with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Linode, and Azure for a month. I have about decided on Azure. I have not made much progress. I need help or direction to show me how to set up the server so that it will work with the WHMCS software.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers to this question

• WHMCS Customer Service

HI Pete,

I am not completely understanding what it is you wish to achieve.

If you wish to install WHMCS on such a server environment, you will need to configure it as a web server which meets our system requirements as laid out here: https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

Alternatively, if you already have WHMCS installed on a web server, and you wish to use WHMCS to automate the resale of Microsoft Azure hosting, you will need a server module to tell WHMCS how to communicate with the API for Microsoft Azure to provision and manage accounts. I have done a quick check and it looks like ModulesGarden have an addon that may be of interest to you: https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4868-cloud-billing-for-whmcs

I hope this helps.

Hello, Setting up a server with Azure for WHMCS software involves creating a virtual machine (VM) instance, installing the required OS, configuring networking and security settings, installing software dependencies, uploading WHMCS files, configuring DNS settings, creating and configuring a database, completing the WHMCS installation, and testing its functionality. For detailed instructions, it's recommended to refer to Azure documentation and WHMCS installation guide specific to your chosen OS, server configuration, and WHMCS version. You can also seek assistance from Azure support or consider consulting with an Azure or WHMCS expert to expedite the setup process and overcome any challenges you've been facing.