Multiple cPanel-skeleton's

rlhenson

I have several packages that are kind of like templates. Each package requires different files,pictures and directories to be preloaded. I can use the cPanel-skeleton feature but there is only one and I need multiple skeletons, one for each package, is this possible?

Not as a skeleton, but if you write code in /scripts/postwwwacct you can install stuff conditionally based on package. Here's an example of how I did it. Make sure you chown and chmod any files you put in the account appropriately (and don't change the ownership or mode on public_html).

The skeleton is only good for very simple default index pages - you can however make the default page a PHP page which makes things more interesting. You could probably also make the first visit do the necessary code installation.

• WHMCS CEO

The only way to have multiple different skeleton directories for accounts that get created by WHMCS is to setup a seperate reseller account for each one. And then you would add each one as a server to WHMCS and set the product corresponding to that skeleton dir files to be setup on the corresponding server/reseller entry in WHMCS.

Matt

• 5 years later...

Example scripts is not available anymore. Can you publish it again please?

Not as a skeleton, but if you write code in /scripts/postwwwacct you can install stuff conditionally based on package. Here's an example of how I did it. Make sure you chown and chmod any files you put in the account appropriately (and don't change the ownership or mode on public_html).

The skeleton is only good for very simple default index pages - you can however make the default page a PHP page which makes things more interesting. You could probably also make the first visit do the necessary code installation.