Unable to load mail module: PhpMail

I just had my WHMCS upgraded to v8.4 and I'm having some issues with phpMail at the least.

First, /admin/configgeneral.php isn't fully loading. There's no styling to the page, and it stops loading just after the Mail Provider label. Then, I see this:

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Error: Unable to load mail module: PhpMail

The only console error I see is:

configgeneral.php:123 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at configgeneral.php:123:17
(anonymous) @ configgeneral.php:123

Of course, all outgoing emails are failing but  I'm unable to change the mail method because general settings page won't load. I attempted to do it through the database but wasn't 100% sure where to do that. I'm in `tblconfiguration` in the 'MailType' setting. Currently it says "mail".  If that's the correct row, what do I change it to? 

Any help with the email portion would be greatly appreciated. I have a ticket in to the WHMCS upgrade team but it could be a while. :)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Additionally on checking the logs

I see the followings

WHMCS\Exception\Module\NotServicable

Unable to load mail module: MicrosoftGraph

vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Module/Mail.php

#0 domain/admin/configgeneral.php(0): WHMCS\Module\Mail::factory()
#1 {main}

now here there is another issue that when checking these files they are encrypted hence there is no way around to check the error logs findings. 

2.png

1.png

Hello,

I am currently experiencing the same issue. When I try to access the general configuration, I encounter the error "Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request. Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Error: Unable to load mail module: PhpMail/ SendGrid".

I have even deleted the data from the 'tblconfiguration' table and left the 'MailConfig' value empty.

23 hours ago, anvargear said:

I solved it by installing whmcs 8.8 and then copying my modules and configurations made manually.

With this I no longer have the problem, apparently the error occurs when the whmcs is updated

Thats the simplest and easiest method to solve it, starting from scratch. 

But that is not the solution for people who have massive clients and database.

We need a permanent resolution for it as the mailing has to be working for the sending clients updates on all sort of updates, 

what if the problem starts again after the new installation and we configure the mails again?

It's true, I only have one portal with approximately 1500 active clients.

The easiest thing I found was to perform that process, as I was unable to send emails since I upgraded to WHMCS 8.8.x.

Although the solution wasn't traumatic, because it was just installing WHMCS, updating the config.php with the production database, and copying the folders of the modules and modifications made, that's it.

It was almost a one-day issue, but it should be a transparent process in the upgrade.