Installation Help

Hosting Noob

I seemed to have made a mistake somewhere.  I accidently tried to activate before changing the LocalHost setting, now I get this message when I try to activate.   Any advice?  I really want to use this software.

PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'hg_admins' already exists in /home/wbase/domains/w3ba.se/public_html/modules/addons/Mercury/core/Mercury_Admin/Installer.php:591
Stack trace:
#0 /home/wbase/domains/w3ba.se/public_html/modules/addons/Mercury/core/Mercury_Admin/Installer.php(591): PDO->exec('\n IN...')
#1 /home/wbase/domains/w3ba.se/public_html/modules/addons/Mercury/Mercury.php(30): Mercury\Mercury_Admin\Installer->Install()
#2 /home/wbase/domains/w3ba.se/public_html/admin/configaddonmods.php(0): Mercury_activate()
#3 {main}

Any suggestions on what I can do at this point?

I am having similar problem with new install of Mercury 1.5.4 (downloaded yesterday).

My error on first activation was different:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'continent' in 'field list' in /var/www/html/modules/addons/Mercury/core/Mercury_Admin/Installer.php:591
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/modules/addons/Mercury/core/Mercury_Admin/Installer.php(591): PDO->exec('\n IN...')
#1 /var/www/html/modules/addons/Mercury/Mercury.php(30): Mercury\Mercury_Admin\Installer->Install()
#2 /var/www/html/admin/configaddonmods.php(0): Mercury_activate()
#3 {main}

On second attempt at activation, I get the same error as you do above:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'hg_admins' already exists in /var/www/html/modules/addons/Mercury/core/Mercury_Admin/Installer.php:591
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/modules/addons/Mercury/core/Mercury_Admin/Installer.php(591): PDO->exec('\n IN...')
#1 /var/www/html/modules/addons/Mercury/Mercury.php(30): Mercury\Mercury_Admin\Installer->Install()
#2 /var/www/html/admin/configaddonmods.php(0): Mercury_activate()
#3 {main}

(happens on both WHMCS 8.3.2 and 8.4.1)

It seems this (second) error is because tables were already created by the first (failed) activation, and the activation code is not handling that well (activation code should probably use CREATE IF NOT EXISTS).

You could try deleting all the hg_ tables from your database and reactivating to see if your original error is different ... backup DB first of course!!!

... for me when I do that I get the first error (relating to 'continents' field) again , so I guess that is underlying issue in my case, maybe yours also?

Unlikely to be related to changing "localhost" as from the documentation you only have to do that if you are running on non-standard port, and as the error is from a SQL command it seems to be talking to the database OK.

I tried either way anyway, it makes no difference.

(Note: Billing Extension install and activation worked fine immediately beforehand)