IP address changes back and forth - Maybe a solution in WHMCS

SteveinBC

Hi there,

This is not directly a WHMCS problem, but more cPanel, however there maybe a fix through WHMCS and someone here may have encountered it.

Background to the problem:  I had a reseller account at a web hosting company, when I moved from there to a VPS, I backed up the cPanel accounts and uploaded them to the VPS. I changed the IP address at the domain registrar and everything worked good. In the Billing and Support section of cPanel, all links still link back to the previous web hosting company.

Problem:  The DNS of 2 of the accounts often revert back to the previous IP address belonging to the previous web hosting company. It remains at that address for a while (during this time the url shows a 404 error and WHMCS is inaccessible). After a while the IP address reverts back to my VPS address and everything is now accessible.

Question: Has any one else encountered this, and any ideas for the solution. I figure the links in the Billing and Support section maybe related to the constant changes in the IP address.

Note:  All of my domains are registered through a 3rd party domain reseller and not a web hosting company.

~ Steve