Find admin who wrote ticket reply

jdsnty

Given a ticket reply written by an admin user (staff), is there an unambiguous way to determine the author's admin_id ?

So far I have noticed that `tblticketreplies` (as well as the `GetTicket` API method) only keep track of the full name of the user ("$firstname $lastname") but those fields can be modified and are not guaranteed to be unique (unlike the username or the admin id).

I also checked the activity log and the ticket log, but to no avail. I could not find any records about admin firstname/lastname changes either.

I know  WHMCS is able to identify the admins who worked on a ticket since it does so in the Ticket Feedback poll (whose results reference the _adminid_ rather than the name), so I suppose there must be a way (unless WHMCS itself uses the firstname-lastname combination, which would mean that Ticket Feedback polls would get broken if a participating admin changed their name).

It'd have to be a large company or high turnover to lose track wouldn't it? 

I agree, a better and non-editable  identification is better I have never looked into it, but in one of our offices during lockdown we had 12 staff usually all working from home - towards the end of lockdown a woman got married and we were able to still identify her on the system and in old emails 

Maybe I don't understand the use case but it seems like a non issue for the software- but you can probably look in the DB to work out who it was, I'm really curious about the use case to identify an employee who may or may not have changed their name and then replied to a ticket! 

How annoying was that customer? Lol 

It is not really a matter of identifying the author of a particular reply (as Bigol' said, it is hard to imagine a case where that wouldn't be possible); I just wanted to improve reports on ticket reply ratings and ticket feedback polls and found that aggregating by admin was not as simple as I would've thought.

It is not that big a deal, it would always be possible to manually merge reports for the same admin under different names (which are few and far between), but it would be nice to solve it programatically.

It has also picked my curiosity about how WHMCS solves this for feedback polls, although at this point my guess is that they just use the firstname-lastname fields, even if it could fail (might check it later).

I've just checked and confirmed that WHMCS feedback polls indeed try to match up the firstname and lastname in a ticket reply with those of an admin and that it fails if those names were modified in the meantime.

It is not that much of an issue, but it is a tad weird.