Admin area templates for invoices.

jdsnty

Hello everyone!

I am trying to customize some Admin Area views to show some additional data. In particular, I want to customize the Edit Invoice view (admin/invoices.php?action=edit) and the Clients Invoices view (admin/clientsinvoices.php).

This was easy for certain views, like the Clients Summary, where I just had to edit the `clientssummary.tpl` Smarty template file at `admin/templates/blend/`, but the templates directory seems to only cover a handful views: there is no template file for the `invoices` view nor for the `clientsinvoices` view (despite the fact those views are clearly rendered with Smarty). I couldn't find a matching template in other directories either.

Is there a way to customize the 'template' used for those views?

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, steven99 said:

If it isn't in a template already, then it has to be done via a admin area output hook and moved around with javascript. 

I ended up doing something similar, except I conditionally included the content (along with JS to move it to the desired place) inside the footer template instead of using an output hook. I reckon Steven's solution is more elegant, though (especially considering I still needed an AdminAreaPage hook in order to pass  some additional variables to Smarty).

For anyone facing a similar issue, bear in mind that you can get the name of the current view as the `$filename` variable in Smarty (for instance, you can check whether `$filename == 'clientsinvoices'` in order to display a block or run some JavaScript only when accessing the 'Clients Invoices' tab).