Convert Contact To User

In WHMCS docs it says you can "tick a box" to convert a contact to a user - so how do I do that?

Then, to convert the contact into a sub-account and allow the contact to log in, just check the Sub-Account checkbox. Next, enter a password. Check the various options for which you want to grant the sub-account permission to access. Below is a screenshot of the client area configuration screen for a sub-accounts permissions. https://docs.whmcs.com/Sub-Accounts

When I go to the contact I want to convert to user, there is no checkbox.  The only way I can see to upgrade them, is to create an entirely new user (which means sending them an invite)

Sub-Accounts-WHMCS-Documentation.thumb.jpg.a3e04f222df42eb1c5f27d0a445b2038.jpg

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hi sol2010, 

Could you please confirm what version of WHMCS you are using? 

The docs page you have referred to relates to WHMCS Version 7.10 and lower, however the invite feature was added within version 8.0. 

More information relating to Users and accounts within version 8.0 and above can be found here; https://docs.whmcs.com/Users_and_Accounts

I hope this helps .

Hi there I am using 8.2.1

The docs page you have referred to relates to WHMCS Version 7.10 and lower, however the invite feature was added within version 8.0. 

OK that makes sense now..... I had not seen that notice at the top of the docs page.... 

But there doesn't seem to be any way to convert an existing contact to a "user"  unless you create a new user and invite them, which seems a bit silly, given they are already a contact and have all their info already in there.

In the documentation I linked to (yes it's for an earlier version), there used to be a "convert to user" for a contact - why is that no longer the case?

In my case, the existing contact needs to be able to receive invoices - so it appears the only way to do this is to delete her as a contact and re-add as a user (sending the invite) .... is that right?

Edited by sol2010