custom field displayed in product/services admin page

HostworX

is there a way to display a custom field in the services/products admin page, when displaying the products, i want to either add a custom field to all our products or use the admin notes field to display a customer acct/unique id in this list, we used the domain field but this is not the way to do this, as this displays additional tabs in the client area.

Basically we might have a client with 30 products, but each product is specific to a person, the products list displays all the products but there is no unique field that displays the specific client, this is where we want to add a field to the admin area, and then display this in the list when selected.

On 03/08/2021 at 15:53, HostworX said:

is there a way to display a custom field in the services/products admin page, when displaying the products, i want to either add a custom field to all our products or use the admin notes field to display a customer acct/unique id in this list, we used the domain field but this is not the way to do this, as this displays additional tabs in the client area.

yes, but it's a lot of faffing about! ⚠️

On 03/08/2021 at 15:53, HostworX said:

Basically we might have a client with 30 products, but each product is specific to a person, the products list displays all the products but there is no unique field that displays the specific client, this is where we want to add a field to the admin area, and then display this in the list when selected.

if it were me, i'd modify (well duplicate & edit) the Services report and use that - you've got access to the source arrays, queries etc and so can be modified to either add the custom field to the product name (granted default form only has product ID, but it's simple enough to get product name from id), or output the custom field value in its own column... far easier to go down that road than modifying the encoded pages.