WHMCS Cron Job Activity shows invalid Status.

Hello, I've getting an very strange issue.

Generally, whenever daily cron runs in your WHMCS you will get mail about how many invoice generated , late fees added etc.

But in my case, Daily Cron runs properly, it generated invoices , it generated late fees and does all the things but the issue is it doesn't provide me correct information.

In the email, it gives me everything 0. Invoices generated 0 , late fees added 0 everything 0 but in real, it isn't 0. It gives me wrong details.

In WHMCS Admin Panel Automation Overview, it also gives me 0.

Anyone can help me in this case ?

Screenshot_2021-07-13-11-04-15-232_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-13-11-00-36-206_com.google.android.gm.jpg

31 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

What is your actual cron job that you have setup in your hosting control panel? It looks like it's running based on the first screenshot.

Which version of PHP and WHMCS are you using?

WHMCS Version : 8.1.3

Php version : ea-php 7.3

Cron Command ( Runs Every 5 Minute ) php -q /home/myhosting/cronerplhash/cron.php &> /dev/null

1 minute ago, Piyush Mahes said:

WHMCS Version : 8.1.3

Php version : ea-php 7.3

Cron Command ( Runs Every 5 Minute ) php -q /home/myhosting/cronerplhash/cron.php &> /dev/null

Are you using cPanel? That cron command doesn't look right. Try this if it's cPanel:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/your-cpanel-username/name-of-your-whmcs-cron-folder/cron.php

Edit the part in bold

3 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

Are you using cPanel? That cron command doesn't look right. Try this if it's cPanel:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/your-cpanel-username/name-of-your-whmcs-cron-folder/cron.php

Edit the part in bold

Yes Am Using cPanel. I have updated the cron but i want to keep &> /dev/null

Because the cron sends email every time it runs and it become issue because so many emails.

Second thing, if i updated the cron then issue will solve when daily cron run or it will fix when 5 minute cron runs?

9 minutes ago, Piyush Mahes said:

Yes Am Using cPanel. I have updated the cron but i want to keep &> /dev/null

I don't use &> /dev/null for any cron jobs so I can't help you there. You should be receiving 1 email per day (your 2nd screenshot) when WHMCS runs.

These links explain everything further:

https://docs.whmcs.com/Crons

https://docs.whmcs.com/Cron_Configuration

10 minutes ago, Piyush Mahes said:

Second thing, if i updated the cron then issue will solve when daily cron run or it will fix when 5 minute cron runs?

You need to verify with your server admin / hosting provider that the cron is actually running. When it's set to run every 5 minutes and executing properly, you will be all set.

2 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

I don't use &> /dev/null for any cron jobs so I can't help you there. You should be receiving 1 email per day (your 2nd screenshot) when WHMCS runs.

These links explain everything further:

https://docs.whmcs.com/Crons

https://docs.whmcs.com/Cron_Configuration

You need to verify with your server admin / hosting provider that the cron is actually running. When it's set to run every 5 minutes and executing properly, you will be all set.

I have root access sir, it's my own VPS.

I have tried to execute the PHP file, it took less than 2 second to execute and it doesn't show any output but in WHMCS Automation Setup it shows that cron ran 3-4 seconds ago but the issue isn't fixed.

• 2 weeks later...