Invoice section not loading in the client area

kwood

Hi,

I have been building off a third party template, my own design/colours. Not major template changes, but I have now noticed that the invoice page within my client area is just stuck on 'Loading'.  As below:

image.png.89c319ad0a24909ec4784f2b8f4e5b87.png

All the other areas; Services, Domains and Tickets, load fine.
I have checked my activity logs and PHP info and nothing shows any issues. I have updated to the latest WHMCS version, which hasn't made a difference. I changed the theme back to a default one (Twenty Two) and it then works fine, but I really want to stick with what I am using, as I have done a lot of work on it.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause and how to remedy it, please?

Many thanks

5 minutes ago, kwood said:

I have updated to the latest WHMCS version

that won't help - if you're working on a theme designed for a previous release, the last thing you want to do is update WHMCS.

6 minutes ago, kwood said:

I changed the theme back to a default one (Twenty Two) and it then works fine, but I really want to stick with what I am using, as I have done a lot of work on it.

you mean Twenty One ?

7 minutes ago, kwood said:

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause and how to remedy it, please?

not without knowing what you've done/changed - have you made "minor" changes to the templates, or just CSS colours etc? if it's the former, then it might be a case of undoing anything related to the invoices template until you find the troublesome line.

46 minutes ago, brian! said:

you mean Twenty One ?

Yes, sorry, that is what I meant.

47 minutes ago, brian! said:

not without knowing what you've done/changed - have you made "minor" changes to the templates, or just CSS colours etc? if it's the former, then it might be a case of undoing anything related to the invoices template until you find the troublesome line.

It is mainly CSS as it is colour and layout. The only bit of coding done is what you have helped me with for the Invoice statuses.

On 23/06/2021 at 16:05, kwood said:

The only bit of coding done is what you have helped me with for the Invoice statuses.

I knew it would be my fault! 😎

changes to the invoicePDF and viewinvoice templates (via hook or template edit) shouldn't have any impact on clientareainvoices.tpl (which I assume is where the issue is)... css colour changes shouldn't matter either.... and I would expect any Smarty template issues to be detailed in the activity log.

the test would be to keep your css changes, but see if they work with default versions of the template (re Six or 21)  - if so, it's likely not a css issue, but elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, brian! said:

I knew it would be my fault!

Not my intention, as I am grateful for you help! 🙂

I have actually worked out what it was. I removed a line of code testing the statues displaying, and forgot to add it back in. As in all, it was my fault!

Thanks again for your help 🙂