Losing emails - I think I pinpointed the problem now...

pinoguin

I have 3 email accounts in my host and each of them is set in whmcs to automatically download messages for my ticketing system.

I thought I kept losing emails from my web frontend account but it was probably from the cron that downloads from these accounts and somehow it won't fit in the tickets and it's now gone forever ... which probably explains why my clients who kept emailing me to my accounts and somehow whmcs does it's job and fetches the emails before my local email client fetches it.

And seeing there is no way to check emails in the whmcs except for the frontend ticketing system, that results to me missing those important emails. If whmcs fetches an email that doesn't make it to the ticketing system, where does it go?

I guess it's a good idea to have a separate email account for whmcs ticketing use only ... or is there a setting there that allows 'leave messages on the server'?

it would not make sense to have email set to automatically go into whmcs and also have you use a program like outlook (or any webmail client) to check for those messages. its like duplicaiton. just use email or use whmcs' ticketing system.

or like many of us, have one email for day to day corrispondence like sales@ and have one email that is used to create support tickets like support@.